White Star Capital is a global technology investment platform with over $1B in assets under management partnering with exceptional entrepreneurs who are building the iconic companies of tomorrow. With offices in New York, Toronto, Montreal, London, Paris, Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong, our presence, perspective, and deep operational expertise enables us to partner with founders to help them scale globally from Series A onwards.
Find out more at www.whitestarcapital.com.
We have backed a number of leading start-ups at the Series A and Series B stages globally, including the likes of Freshly, Dialogue, Vention, Dollar Shave Club, and Butternut Box. We recently announced the close of our Fund III of $360m, which will allow us to continue partner with and nurture talented founders, creating a platform for promising ventures to scale internationally.
Over the last four years, we have been actively tracking and supporting the German ecosystem, backing top founders such as those at Tier Mobility, Clark and FINN. We believe Germany is one of the most exciting ecosystems in Europe and are now looking to double down on the progress we have made there to better support local founders on their mission to become global champions.
As part of this, we are looking for a talented and entrepreneurial individual to work in a truly global and distributed team within a highly stimulating environment. The position could be based in either London, Paris, or Berlin.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- 6–8 years relevant experience, be it in venture capital, startups, investment banking, consulting, or private equity
- Demonstrable network within the German venture capital ecosystem
- German speaker — additional languages and international experience are a plus
- Ideally experience originating, leading, and executing deals in VC or growth capital, or alternatively experience interacting with VCs or the tech ecosystem
- Demonstrable experience leading and coaching junior team members
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying investment opportunities for the firm and leading in the analysis and evaluation of these opportunities
- Taking responsibility of all aspects of the deal process, including due diligence, managing stakeholders, recommending valuation and ideal round structure, preparing IC materials, and negotiating legal documents
- Building and maintaining a DACH-focused network of potential LPs, partner VC funds, and founders, which includes attending and speaking at industry events
- Taking on board positions representing White Star Capital and building close working relationships with portfolio companies to support them where possible, including follow-on rounds and exits
- Leading in non-deal flow related projects to help the firm grow throughout the region and globally and supporting the team on strategic projects
- Managing and mentoring junior staff across all previously mentioned responsibilities
We believe you will be a good fit if you are:
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, with a self-starter mentality and a desire for independence
- Highly analytical with a strategic background: you have a focus on actionable insights supported by data that can drive decision making processes
- Passionate about new technologies and emerging business models, intellectually curious, with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ambitious and comfortable in a fast-paced and globally distributed environment and prepared to be involved in every aspect of fund management
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking on the following link here. Additionally, please feel free to share with anyone who you think would be a good fit.
Applications will be open until March 31st, 2022 and reviewed on a rolling basis.
We expect a tremendous amount from our team, but we are confident it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to grow one’s career in the venture capital business with a path to Partnership.
Building diverse teams is one of our core values at White Star. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age.