White Star Capital is hiring a Director of Sustainability
At White Star Capital, we have backed a number of leading start-ups at the Series A and Series B stages globally, including Freshly, Tier Mobility, Vention, Dialogue, Dollar Shave Club, Clark Insurance, Seyna, 900.Care, and Butternut Box.
Being a venture capital fund puts us in a unique position regarding ESG. As early investors, we play a critical role in shaping the future of our portfolio companies, and we remain convinced that companies making a strong impact on Environmental, Social and Governance matters will become the global success stories of tomorrow.
In this respect, we have already taken a number of initiatives within the firm:
- We have decided to prioritize our investments into four verticals: Care (Health & Well Being), Move (Mobility), Work (Future of Work), Earn (Future of Finance)
- We are signatories of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) and work alongside a sustainability consultancy to review our portfolio against the UNPRI Goals each year
- We have put in place a number of ESG processes which are summarised in an annual ESG report distributed to our stakeholders
- We have built our team with a constant search for diversity, which has resulted in a diverse group of 22 different nationalities, driven by a passion for investing responsibly while generating returns for our investors
Today, we are delighted to affirm our willingness to go further and reinforce our team with the recruitment of a Director of Sustainability (DoS), who will have a number of key roles within our organization:
- During the investment process, the DoS will help the investment team assess companies we are reviewing from an ESG perspective
- Once an investment has been made, the DoS will work together with our portfolio companies to put in place the most appropriate strategies and KPIs to help track and improve the company’s performance from a non-financial perspective
- In the context of our relationships with our Limited Partners (LPs), the DoS will be in charge of providing them with the appropriate information to build their ESG reporting requirements, both in the context of the reporting for our existing LPs as well as during due diligence processes with potential LPs
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Strong academic background
- Demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship, technology, private equity, and venture capital investment environments
- International experience a must
- 4–6 years minimum experience in an ESG-related role
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) and the EU taxonomy requisites
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and self-starter mindset
- A demonstrable passion for start-ups, venture capital or entrepreneurship
- Collaborative and communicative
- English and French bilingualism is a must, other languages such as German, Spanish, and Portuguese would be welcomed but not required
If this sounds like you, and you are excited about being part of a global investment fund, then please apply here.
Building diverse teams is one of our core values at White Star Capital. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, gender and sexual orientation.
White Star Capital is a global technology investment platform with over €1bn under management, partnering with exceptional entrepreneurs who are building the iconic companies of tomorrow. With offices across North America, Europe, and Asia, our presence, perspective and deep operational expertise enables us to partner with founders to help them scale globally from Series A onwards.