White Star Capital is Looking for a Summer Intern (May — August) in Singapore
About White Star Capital:
White Star Capital is a global multi-stage technology investment platform that invests in exceptional entrepreneurs building ambitious, international businesses. Operating out of New York, London, Paris, Montreal, Toronto, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong, our presence, perspective, and people enable us to partner closely with founders to help them scale internationally from Series A onwards.
Following our recent Fund III announcement, we are extremely excited about the South-East Asia (SEA) region, reflected by our investments in Flash Coffee, Una Brands, Sleek and Pop Meals. Our excitement for the region began in 2020 as we released our first ever SEA VC Landscape report, studying the region from the lens of a Global VC. As part of our recent expansion, we are now actively looking to ramp up our SEA team. Our international perspective is key to what we do, and so we are focused on finding the right individual who is a self starter and eager to work with a truly global and distributed team in a highly stimulating environment.
About the role:
The Singapore Investment Team is looking for a Summer Analyst (May 2022 — August 2022) to work with us on sourcing, sector research, due diligence, and investment decision making. This will be a paid 4 months engagement.
What you will be responsible for:
● Source early-stage, Series A and Series B investment opportunities in SEA
● Directly work with the Investment Team on transactions by conducting due diligence and investment analysis on potential investments
● Help the investment team assist portfolio companies in terms of data tracking, strategic decisions or market mapping
● Build thought leadership around specific White Star Capital focus areas (i.e. digital health, fintech, enterprise SaaS, consumer, mobility, industrial tech)
● Attend virtual demo day / startup & VC related events on behalf of White Star Capital
● Collaborate with White Star capital team members across offices in North America, Europe, and Asia
Who we are looking for:
● Has a passion for venture capital and entrepreneurship
● High level of intellectual curiosity and self-starter mindset
● Minimum of 3 months experience in consulting, finance and/or software engineering/data science roles. Both undergraduate and graduate candidates are welcome to apply
● Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
● Able to commit to at least 4 days per week for 4 months (virtual and at times in person — COVID restrictions permitting)
● Strong attention to detail
● Collaborative, communicative, and able and willing to work remotely
● Demonstrated domain expertise in a particular sector or space welcome (but not required)
For interest, please APPLY HERE
Application deadline: April 16th, 2022, but reviewed on a rolling basis